Due to the rapid spread of the Covid-19 virus, numerous companies suddenly found themselves in the situation of sending as many of their employees as possible to their home office. In addition to the considerable organizational challenges, the question arises, which data protection issues should be considered?
You can find an overview of the most important ones here:
- No use of private devices, media and accounts
- Compliance with the security standards of hardware encryption and electronic data transmission
- Screen protector to prevent unauthorized persons from looking at the screen
- No use of company media and devices with an insecure WLAN connection
- Mixing of private and company-related data should be avoided
- Password lock for operational devices when employees leave the company
- Operational devices should be kept technically up to date and, if necessary, blocked from downloading data, or should this be password-protected and technically traceable
- Data protection measures and employee training should be updated regularly
These data protection regulations vary from country to country. Please contact the REISSWOLF partner in your country for an individual consultation.
One thing is clear these days: companies that have already converted their business processes to digital prior to the outbreak of the pandemic and are using a document management system, such as ELO, are ideally equipped for the current exceptional situation.
Regardless of whether contract, invoice or personnel management, ELO enables problem-free and legally compliant, location and time-independent processing for all these business processes by several people at the same time. You can find more information on our website or contact us directly.